What Is A Tankless Water Heater and Why You Should Get One
Tankless Water Heaters: A Modern Solution for Hot Water
Tankless water heaters are the new and improved way of having hot water in your home or business. They are smaller in size, cost-efficient, and an instant upgrade to your home.
What is a tankless water heater?
A tankless water heater, also known as an “on-demand” water heater, heats up your water on an as-needed basis. Just as it sounds in the name, it is tankless. This means that not only does it only heat as needed, it also doesn’t take up as much space. In fact, tankless water heaters are typically the size of a suitcase. That means you can have more space because you aren’t having to make room for a huge hot water tank!
What are the pros?
- Space Saving: Tankless water heaters are about the size of a suitcase and hang on the wall, freeing up valuable space in your home.
- Cost-Efficient: They use 30-50% less energy than traditional water heaters, potentially saving families around $100 or more a year.
- Endless Hot Water: Enjoy a continuous supply of hot water, eliminating the need to time showers to conserve hot water.
- Increased Property Value: Homes with tankless water heaters tend to sell for 4% more on average.
What are the cons?
- Higher Upfront Cost: The initial investment for a tankless water heater and its installation is higher than that of traditional water heaters.
- Limited Output: Smaller units may only support one faucet at a time, limiting simultaneous hot water usage.
- Ventilation Requirements: Gas or propane models require a professionally installed sealed ventilation system.
Gas/Propane vs Electric Water Heaters
- Electric Tankless Water Heaters: More expensive to run but more efficient.
- Gas and Propane Heaters: Cheaper to run, less efficient, and have a longer lifespan.
What’s the price difference?
- Electric tankless water heaters cost around $500-$700.
- Gas or propane water heaters cost around $1,000-$1,200, not including installation, which can range from $1,000 to $2,000.
A tankless water heater is an excellent choice for those remodeling, building, selling their home, or looking to become more energy-efficient. However, installation is not a DIY project; professional installation is recommended.
Is a tankless water heater the right switch for you? Give us a call at (615)-239-1266 to find out! Or you can request an estimate here.